UK is recruiting for a Regional Director for the Eurasia & North Africa (ENA) region
Tearfund UK is recruiting for a Regional Director for the Eurasia & North Africa (ENA) region. This is a key, senior leadership role in the organisation. Tearfund is a Christian charity working in over 50 countries globally. We traditionally work with local Christian partners, including NGO’s, Churches, Theological institutions and strategic allies. Our work in the ENA region is centered around working with the Church and other faith based actors in responding to the Humanitarian crisis, peacebuilding, economic and environmental sustainability. Our work in the region is in a very exciting phase and we are looking for a leader with experience, passion and a deep sense of calling to this role.
This role specifically will be responsible for leading, supporting, equipping and encouraging the Country Leads within the region to contribute to Tearfund’s vision, outcomes and priorities to ensure ‘one Tearfund’.
You will represent and support all aspects of Tearfund’s work in the region, linking into appropriate regional churches/ bodies and linking with fellow Regional Directors to ensure learning both within and across regions. In addition, you will provide strategic leadership to the whole International Group (IG) effort alongside other members of the IG Senior Management Team.
Do you have experience of:
- Leading and delivering strategic and operational excellence within teams in country, region and across organisations.
- Partnering with national NGO and church partner organisations
- Connecting and building relationships with church leadership and bodies across the region
- Organisational leadership, including forming and shaping a team.
- Strategic and operational leadership of development and disaster management
- Budget planning and management
Are you able to:
- Influence and shape the strategic work and focus of Tearfund UK, bringing ina strong regional perspective.
- Empower country teams to do their work and hold them accountable for results
- Lead and inspire a team and back them with support to achieve a common vision
- Plan, prioritise and organise multiple work tasks under tight timelines and in close cooperation with multiple stakeholders
- Lead dynamically in changing contexts and through change within organisations, bringing fresh energy and vision
- Make and take responsibility for operational decisions
- Manage conflict effectively
The candidate will also demonstrate excellent leadership with coaching and mentoring skills, excellent communication skills in (English and Arabic) and a relationship-builder with networking skills.
Do you share in Tearfund’s vision to see all people freed from poverty, living transformed lives, and reaching their God-given potential? UNIQUE CODE: FOR0011
Then we’d love to hear from you!
All applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs. The recruitment process with include specific checks related to safeguarding issues.
Please note: this role will be based in Amman, Jordan
Competitive salary and benefits
Preference will be given to those with the right to live and work in Jordan
Last date11 Jan 2024
How to apply
Please follow the link and apply here.
City : Amman, Beirut, Damascus, Erbil and Islamabad (Preferably Amman)
Years of experience